Yeghishe Charents' House-Museum was founded on February 8, 1964 by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Soviet Armenia. It opened its doors for the visitors in 1975. In 1987, on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of Charents, the museum building was partially changed and the area was expanded. Currently, the museum covers 626.3 square meters, the memorial house is restored, and the other three divisions cover the main exhibition. The apartment is furnished with a combination of European and Eastern items. Yeghishe Charents lived here in 1935-1937.
The poet's personal belongings, books, manuscripts, photos and documents are introduced and preserved in the House-Museum. It is a scientific center for the study of poet's life, literary-cultural as well as public-political activity.
In 2019, Yeghishe Charents' House-Museum's 55th anniversary of will be celebrated. The Museum directorate informs that on this occasion a jubilee event will be organized throughout the year. And before that, on 13 March, the 122nd anniversary of the great poet will be celebrated in the museum. On that day, the events will start at the monument to Yeghishe Charents and will continue in the house-museum.