Armenians have been established in the medieval period in Tuscany - a central region of Italy. This is evidenced by fourteen Armenian manuscripts kept in the Lavrentian Library of the Medici Center in Florence.
By the initiative of the Italian Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Armenia Vincenzo Del Monaco, and with the permission of the Presidents of the two countries, three of these exclusive manuscripts were presented in Yerevan,
• Manuscript 1089 (Ashburn's Collection) Priest Blessing, 1232, Cilicia, Pen, Gevorg, Customer, Archbishop Hovhannes
• Manuscript 1.13 (Plutus Collection) Lit., 1353 Pisa, pen, Archbishop Grigor
• Manuscript 790 (St. Mark's collection) Psalms and Scripts, 1369, Budapest, pen, Tovma, flourishing, Francesco di Caffa, client, Sargis.
During seven months, the exhibition titled "Three Armenian manuscripts from Tuscany (13-14th Century)" will be presented to Matenadaran’s visitors once again confirming centuries-old close friendship and ties of Armenian-Italian culture.